Apply for benefit
It is very important that you register with arbetsförmedlingen on the first day of your unemployment. To apply for benefit you then need to send certificates regarding your work and/or the activities you have had during the last twelve months to Akademikernas a-kassa. For the benefit to be paid out you need to fill in kassakort in Mina Sidor.
Visit arbetsförmedlingen and register
Ask your employer to fill out the form Arbetsgivarintyg
Contact your employer and have them fill out the form Arbetsgivarintyg. The form provides us with information for the previous 12 months of your employment.
Months that you have studied full-time, received sickness or parental benefits, can at times be disregarded. If that is the case, we might need additional certificates for more than the past 12 months.
Send your documents to us
Most of the documents you can complete online. We only have Swedish forms, call our customer service 08-412 33 00 if you need help to fill them out.
What documents do we need?
- Anmälan om arbetslöshet (Mina sidor)
- Arbetsgivarintyg (from your employer)
- Egen uppsägning - if you choose to resign
Fill in kassakort at www.aea.se/minasidor
The kassakort is used to report your duration of unemployment, and covers a two-week period. You state what you have been doing during those two weeks, and submit the kassakort to us through www.aea.se/minasidor. You'll need BankID to log in.
The kassakort are your formal application for payment of benefit. Therefore, it is very important that the information on the kassakort is correct. Please contact us if you are unsure about anything.
Register bank account
Register which bank account you want your benefit paid into here: www.swedbank.se/kontoregister
Report your activities to arbetsförmedlingen
Money from one at the time
“The kassakort” is your formal application for benefit (a-kassa)and it is important that your report is adequate. You cannot receive benefit from a-kassan and Försäkringskassan or CSN at the same time. Please contact us before signing your “kassakort” if you are unsure about anything.
- Here are the most common situations and how you report them.
- Part time job (employment): Report the work hours on the kassakort.
- Part time job (self-employed): Normally this is against the rules. Call us for more information.
- Sickness: Inform Försäkringskassan and report “sjuk/FP” on the kassakort
- Sick child: Inform Försäkringskassan and report “sjuk/FP” on the kassakort
- Parental leave: Inform Försäkringskassan and report “sjuk/FP” on the kassakort
- Don´t want to work or cannot take a job: Report “förhindrad” on the kassakort