Mina sidor: sök ersättning Medlemsportalen: ditt medlemskap Stäng

Moved abroad?

Word explanations

You have a new address abroad - exciting for you with the move. The question now is whether you should continue to be a member of Akademikernas a-kassa.

If you have already been in contact with us because of you moving abroad, you can ignore this message.

Have you moved to a country within the EU/EEA?  

In most EU/EEA countries, unemployment insurance is compulsory. This means that you are automatically covered by the social insurance system, where unemployment insurance is included, as soon as you start to work and pay taxes. As soon as you start working in your new country, you should end your membership with Akademikernas a-kassa.

In Denmark and Finland you have to join the unemployment insurance fund. Register as soon as you start working in one of these countries.

Do you have a Swedish employer? If you have worked abroad for a Swedish employer, who is based in Sweden, and if your salary has been paid out of Sweden, we equate this work with work in Sweden. Continue your membership with us.

Have you moved with your partner who works for a Swedish employer? If you move with your partner who works abroad for a Swedish employer and your partner receives their salary paid from Sweden you should continue your membership. Contact us for more information.

Have you moved to a country outside the EU/EEA? In most cases you should end your membership. There are some exceptions. Call us for more information.

Contact us Please let us know if you are unsure about the unemployment insurance. It is your most important insurance. Call us weekdays between 9-16 at +4684123300 

25 april 2019
Fråga oss!